Who We Are

Our intention is to inform people of racist, homophobic, religious extreme hate speech perpetrators across social networking internet sites. And we also aim to be a focal point for people to access information and resources to report such perpetrators to appropriate web sites, governmental departments and law enforcement agencies around the world.

We will also post relevant news worthy items and information on Human rights issues, racism, extremist individuals and groups and far right political parties from around the world although predominantly Britain.

Thursday, 25 November 2010

Neo-Nazi leader strikes plea bargain for Auschwitz theft

A Swedish neo-Nazi leader accused of ordering the theft of the Auschwitz death camp entrance sign will serve 32 months behind bars in his homeland under a plea bargain, Polish prosecutors say.

Anders Hoegstroem, who had risked up to 10 years behind bars if convicted in Poland of masterminding the theft, admitted his role before the case reached court, said a spokesman for the prosecutors' office in the city of Krakow.

"After having pleaded not guilty during the investigation, Hoegstroem admitted his guilt," prosecutor Robert Parys said.

"Under a plea bargain with prosecutors, he accepted a penalty of two years and eight months in prison. He will serve his sentence in Sweden."

Mr Hoegstroem was arrested in Sweden on a Polish warrant in February on suspicion of ordering the theft of the infamous "Arbeit macht frei" sign from the site of the World War II Nazi camp in the southern Polish city of Oswiecim.

Polish police recovered the five-metre metal sign - which means "Work Will Set You Free" in German - two days after it went missing late last year. It had been chopped into three pieces.

Five Polish men were arrested and charged with the actual theft of the sign, three of whom have already been sentenced to two-and-a-half years in prison.

The two others are still to face trial.

In 1994, Hoegstroem founded the National Socialist Front, a Swedish neo-Nazi movement he ran for five years before quitting.

He told Swedish media he was to act as an intermediary to pick up the sign and sell it to a buyer, adding however that he informed Polish police about the people behind the plot.

ABC News

Nearly 150 people arrested in London hate-crime raids (UK)

Police have arrested 147 people across London in dawn raids to tackle domestic violence and hate crimes.

Suspects were arrested for offences ranging from violence and common assault to breach of court orders.

Raids took place on International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women, also known as White Ribbon Day.

They were part of the Metropolitan Police's (Met's) Operation Athena, where officers target suspected hate-crime offenders.

'Cowardly crimes'
 While focusing on violence against women, the raids also targeted suspected racist, homophobic and disability motivated crime, as well as crimes against the vulnerable or elderly.

"We are taking a proactive approach in order to bring those responsible to justice and support the victims of these heinous crimes," said Det Supt Darren Williams, head of the Met's public protection unit.

"My key message to victims of these offences is tell us what is happening so we can help you but if you can't tell the police, tell someone."

London's deputy mayor for policing Kit Malthouse said: "There is no place in London for domestic violence and those arrested this morning found out first hand.

"I want to reassure Londoners that there is zero tolerance in the capital for these cowardly crimes and all perpetrators will be dealt with swiftly and severely."

BBC News

Teenage girl held over 'Koran burning' in Sandwell (UK)

A teenage girl was arrested on suspicion of inciting religious hatred after allegedly burning an English language version of the Koran, police said today.

The 15-year-old was questioned and bailed by detectives last Friday after the alleged incident at a school in the Sandwell area of the West Midlands.

She is alleged to have posted footage of the burning booklet on Facebook.

A 14-year-old boy was arrested on Tuesday on suspicion of making threats on the social networking site, in connection with the alleged incident. He was released on bail, a spokeswoman for West Midlands Police said.

She added: "The local neighbourhood team have strong links with the school and have been working closely with key partners from the community and the local authority to resolve the matter locally.

"West Midlands Police will investigate and monitor any crime reported by individuals who may have been targeted because of their disability, gender, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation or transgender."

Birmingham Mail

Another PVV MP reveals criminal record he kept secret (Netherlands)

Another MP for the anti-Islam PVV has criminal convictions he had not revealed to party leader Geert Wilders, it emerged on Wednesday evening.

Jhim Bemmel has a 2006 conviction for fraud, for forging freight documents. He was fined €500. He also has a drunk driving conviction in 2000.

The MP, who has had some of his parliamentary responsibilities removed by Wilders, said he did not come clean about his past because it was private.

In total, seven members of parliament have a criminal conviction, according to a survey by RTL news: five of the 24 PVV MPs have a record, one SP MP and one VVD MP. Most related to drunk driving or speeding.

Dutch News

More hate crime being reported in North Wales (UK)

 Nearly 1,800 race hate crimes have been reported to North Wales Police in the past five years – with young people the worst offenders.

In all the force has dealt with more than 2,100 hate crime complaints in that period, from racially aggravated physical attacks to homophobic taunts.

Children as young as 10 were involved in the hate offences.

North Wales Police revealed of the 1,775 racially aggravated crimes reported since 2005, 641 were committed by youngsters aged between 10 and 19.

A further 387 offences were committed by people aged between 20 and 29.

Hate crimes are broken down into five categories including race and the Welsh language, religion and belief, disability, sexual orientation and transgender. A hate crime is one motivated by the offender's hatred of people because they are seen as different.

A Gwynedd kebab shop owner, who asked not to be named, said he was more likely to be racially abused by young people than anyone else: “They have no respect towards other people or themselves.”

An Asian man said last night: “It’s not as bad as it can be in other parts of Britain but it can spoil a night out to be racially abused for simply walking down the street.”

Figures show the number of racially aggravated incidents reported in the Wrexham area increasing during the past three years. Last year 109 incidents were reported, up from 91 in 2008 and 88 in 2007.

The 484 incidents reported in the area over five years are the highest for the North Wales Police force area with Conwy recording 415 incidents and Gwynedd 379.

But Gillian Grainger, Community Cohesion Coordinator at Wrexham Council, put the rise down to the proactive approach to hate crime taken in the county.

She said: “Victims are encouraged to report incidences of hate crime and receive the necessary support and guidance they may need.

“The projects are all part of a multi agency approach we are taking in the county borough that are showing positive results."

A North Wales Police spokesman added: “We are committed to the promotion of equality and diversity within the force and within the communities it serves.

“We have designated Diversity Officers to help and support victims of hate crimes and incidents and ensure the Force Hate Crime Policy and Divisional Hate Crime Protocols are fully applied in all Hate Incidents and Hate Crimes.

“Strenuous efforts have been made in recent years to increase reassurance and the level of care to victims of hate crime generally.”

Daily Post

Portsmouth Muslim Academy target of hate crimes (UK)

A Muslim academy in Portsmouth has been the target of two hate crimes in the past fortnight, police have said.

In the first incident, a brick with a racist message on it was thrown into the Portsmouth Muslim Academy, on Old Commercial Road, on 13 November.

A beer bottle was then thrown through a window at the front of the building last Friday.

The city's Jami Mosque was also targeted twice in two days on 12 and 13 November.

The mosque was first attacked a day after an Islamic group, Muslims Against Crusades, burned remembrance poppies in London during a two-minute silence to mark the anniversary of Armistice Day.
Hate crime

A poppy was subsequently painted on the front of the mosque, on Victoria Road North in Southsea, and 100 people staged a demonstration outside.

The mosque's imam, Muhammad Muhi Uddin, said he had condemned the poppy burning and was mystified as to why the building had been targeted. One man was arrested on suspicion of a public order offence.

Police said they were treating the incidents of criminal damage at the Portsmouth Muslim Academy as hate crimes.

Insp Fiona Quade, of Hampshire Constabulary, said: "My officers regularly conduct patrols in the area around Old Commercial Road, but if you saw what happened, could identify a suspect or know who did this, please get in touch.

"We've already got an investigation ongoing into the disorder at demonstrations outside the Jami Mosque."

BBC News

The EDL are not the defenders of Britain, and they never will be.

A recent video by the You Tube member Richard Coughlan about the poppy burning Muslims extremists at this year Remembrance Day service is so good that we felt we really had to share it. 

Please support Richard Coughlan and subscribe to his channel’s. Coughlan616

Key panto hit as EDL protest forces show switch

Hundreds of panto fans have been left disappointed after the Key Theatre revealed it would close on the day of the city’s controversial English Defence League march.

Theatre operators Vivacity announced yesterday that the 1.15pm, 4pm and 7pm performances of Jack and the Beanstalk on December 11 will be moved to December 12.

The closure is due to the EDL march, which will pass near the theatre as it moves from London Road to Peterborough Magistrates’ Court, in Bridge Street, between 1pm and 3pm.

Vivacity chief executive Kevin Tighe said: “We felt it was in the best interests of all concerned to cancel the performances and close the theatre on this date.

“We are sorry for any disruption caused to our customers’ pre-Christmas plans. This has been a very difficult decision to make but the welfare of our customers has to be the priority at all times.”

The march has already caused Peterborough United to bring its home match against Rochdale at London Road forward to December 10 to avoid a clash.

Some shopkeepers in the Rivergate Shopping Centre are considering shutting their doors on the day.

The Key Theatre closure means the Peterborough Trades Union Council (TUC) can finish its anti-EDL counter march in the theatre car park.

An estimated 2,000 TUC marchers – including members of Unite Against Fascism – are expected and will leave the Bishop’s Road car park, walk along Rivergate and arrive at the theatre as the EDL marchers head into Bridge Street - meaning the rival protesters will be just 100 yards away from each other.

But the TUC has dispelled fears that their protest will increase the risk of violence.

Peterborough TUC president Ron Graves, said: “We are not looking for a fight. We are marching peacefully to promote unity. We don’t want the EDL here, but we won’t be antagonistic.

““It will be properly marshalled by stewards.

“We felt that this route would create the least disruption.”

The TUC expects representatatives from all the major unions to be involved in its march, as well as local faith groups.

The TUC march is being promoted as a unity event to bring different cultures together.

The route for the march was finally agreed after a meeting between the TUC, Cambridgeshire police and Peterborough City Council.

Superintendent Paul Fullwood said: “We have a duty to support and facilitate people’s right to peaceful protest, whilst balancing this with the rights of those who want to go about their business.”

All theatre tickets for Saturday will be transferred to Sunday and arrangements will be made for those who cannot attend on Sunday.

To confirm attendance on the Sunday, call the Key Theatre box office on 01733 207239 by December 4.

Peterborough Today

MEP's Simonstone home targeted by far-right extremists (UK)

An East Lancashire Euro MP has hired a private security firm to guard his home because of threats from far-right extremists.

Sajjad Karim has been bombarded with offence emails over his stance on halal and kosher meat.

Mr Karim’s Simonstone home has also had ‘BNP’ daubed on it in graffiti.

He said he was worried about the safety of his wife and two children, aged eight and 10, while he is away in Europe.

He said he had paid for a private security firm to watch over his house 24 hours a day.

A British National Party spokesman ‘utterly condemned’ any threats, saying the issue had also been raised in the mainstream media.

Police are investigating an allegation of racist abuse by email.

Mr Karim, who represents the North West in the European Parliament, blamed BNP supporters for the onslaught, claiming the threats had come shortly after the far-right party published an article criticising him on its website.

Mr Karim, who opposed an EU proposal that would require all ritually-slaughtered meat to be labelled, said there had been an ‘orchestrated’ campaign against him.

He said: “There are perfectly legitimate arguments on both sides of the debate. But it is being hijacked and they are trying to frighten me.

“We have lived here for 11 years and never had anything like this. This is their way of saying ‘we know you are here’.

“The police are providing the best level of protection they can, but when it comes to these people I am not going to take any chances.”

Lancashire Police said it was investigating the messages and would meet the MEP this week.

John Walker, a spokesman for the BNP, said the party was campaigning on the issue of ritually slaughtered meat, which he said was ‘barbaric’. But he distanced the party from any threats, saying the BNP was being ‘demonised’.

He added: “This is a common tactic of political opponents to claim they have been intimidated.”

Lancashire Telegraph

Two men charged with making racist and abusive threats to takeaway owner (UK)

Two men accused of making racist and abusive telephone threats to the owner of a takeaway are to face a crown court judge.

Joynal Ali, 25, of Dixon Street, Lincoln, and Mohammed Ali Noor, 20, of Hunt Lea Avenue, Lincoln, are each charged with one offence.

It is alleged that between January 13 and June 14, last year they caused Ofiekur Khan, of the Burton Spice Indian Takeaway, in Lincoln, to fear, on at least two occasions, that violence would be used against him.

The Crown says Mr Khan received 31 nasty phone calls, including one where threats were made to kill him by setting his business on fire.

Another call threatening to kill the businessman ended with the word Paki, as did a call for a delivery to Monks Road, the Crown says.

Both defendants indicated no pleas.

Magistrates said it would be appropriate to send the case to Lincoln Crown Court.

The accused were granted unconditional bail to appear back in court on January 19 for the case to be sent to crown court.

This is Lincolnshire